Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Rosie on her Sunday Best and Laura's Tired Ballerina



While I was visiting my family and friends in Belgium I wanted to show my mom how to needle felt so I made this little bird. I wasn't sure yet at that point what else I was going to do with her until I brought her home. She's now turned into a cute little pincushion wearing a hat and 3 heart pins I made of polymer clay. She's looking for a nice home so she can be put to work helping her new owner sew, quilt and/or craft or would be very happy to be used for decoration only! Would make for a unique mother's day gift that's for sure so go and check her out on my PurplePlatypus shop.

I also made the Tired Ballerina statue for my niece Laura. She is made of electrical wire, aluminum foil you use in the kitchen, painters tape, old T-shirts and other types of fabric. I used Powertex in lead color and a metallic paint to dry brush her with. Isn't she a doll?

No comments:

Post a Comment