Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pretty Pink Felt Baby Shoes


I managed to finish another pair of felted baby shoes which I put up for sale on my Etsy and Art Fire sites. I love making these little shoes. Making the felt and sewing them by hand are my favorite parts, cutting out the little shoe pattern is my least favorite part. These I made from only sheep's fleece and tussah silk, I didn't use any llama or Alpaca fleece this time. These little shoes always bring a smile to my face when I look at them. My best friend Erna, said to me the other day that these little shoes almost make you want to have another baby! BUT, then we both remembered the sleepless nights, the dirty diapers, tantrums and figured heck no, we've been there done that and we wore the T-shirts! She has 2 teenage daughters and I have a tween and we're both very happy to have these wonderful kids, we'll just leave having babies to that next generation.


1 comment: