Saturday, September 5, 2009

Cleaning out my closets!




Well I must say "thank you!" to all my customers from the market. Business is rolling along. Only problem with that is ... I have to make more stuff! Trust me, I really don't consider that a problem, I don't mind having to make more stuff, the only issue I face is finding the time to make them. Having a day job (32 hour work week outside of the house) and trying to run your own business is not the easiest thing to do. The most difficult part being coordinating getting all the rest of my to-do list done. So, these past 2 weeks I've been digging through my boxes of things I've made this past year or so and either wasn't happy with them or didn't completely finish it yet. I've re-vamped some of them such as the little bag in the picture. You will never believe what it started out as, I must say I like the way it's turned out now compared to what it was before. My 13 yr old begged me not to tell what it started out as ... I will say ... it was 1 of 2 pieces! Can you guess?

Anyway, the little wallet was a bit dull looking so I ended up embroidering it, looks much livelier now. I also finally made up the market bag from the material I've been hauling to and from the Sunday Market where I've been needle felting for weeks filling up the flower designs of a fake suede black fabric. It turned out really pretty, don't have a picture of it yet. Will try to take a picture on Monday to post it.

I've also been busy felting some lovely smelling soaps.

As you can see more new stuff for my stall at the barn so come and check it out. If you live to far away check my Etsy shop in the next couple of days where I will be posting these new items.

No comments:

Post a Comment