Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A lovely "fabulosity" treasury, an oily kitchen floor and being a Member of the Day on Handmade Spark!

When I got up this morning and went through my routine of checking e-mail, facebook etc. I found myself listed as the Member of the Day on Handmade Spark! yeahhhhh, that just made me smile the entire day. Here is the link to it if you would like to check it out. http://www.handmadespark.com/blog/handmade-spark-member-of-the-day-bitsoffiber-crochet/ Handmade Spark is a marketing service for handmade sellers, and a creative blog for the indie and handmade community. They connect and promote. You design and inspire. Join Handmade Spark and fuel your creative process: share your latest creations in our Studio, get your own Mini-Site and product pages, and learn and connect with their Blog.

When I got home from work I found my needle felted hedgehog family in this lovely treasury called "fabulosity" by http://www.etsy.com/shop/dottyral on Etsy. Lots of pretty browns in this one. Make sure to visit all the shops listed in the treasury to find even more lovely items in all the shops represented in it.



So while cooking dinner this evening I reached for a bottle of vegetable oil and before I knew it I had it and then I didn't and as if in slow motion the darn bottle just slipped out of my hand and fell over. Miraculously I was able to grab it before it totally emptied onto my hardwood floor in the kitchen and dining room!!! Our dog who always lays in the doorway between the kitchen and the dining room jumped about 3 feet in the air when the slippery mess fell onto the floor, the doorframe, the kitchen cabinets AND his favorite toy ... his little monkey! He tried saving it from the oil but decided to just leave it be ... since mom was already reaching to save him ... which I did! His monkey will need a bath that's for sure. Good thing I just both a huge bottle of hardwood floor cleaner the other day, I certainly needed it. I wasn't sure if it was going to clean up this oily mess but it did very nicely I must say.

No comments:

Post a Comment