Saturday, May 28, 2011

The white pumpkin that finally felted!


Ahhhhh, silly white pumpkin that is! This is the pumpkin I mentioned in my prior post, the one that didn't felt. While I went ahead and wet felted it by hand I contemplated why it didn't felt in the washing machine like I have done many times in the past. I figured out it just stayed on top of the water due to the fact I had filled it with fiber fill before felting it. In the past I've always felted them before I filled them so there was never an issue. So problem solved I did it by hand and it ended up felting beautifully. I want to also thank Robin who commented on my prior post suggesting to stick it in a mesh washer bag with some marbles in it which would definitely prevent it from floating to the top! Thanks for that Robin, I will have to try that with my next felting project.

So here it is, it's up for grabs in my shop with more pictures to look at so go and have a peek.
Thanks for visiting my blog!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Chantal,

    Love the felted white pumpkin, but boy those marbles would make quite a racket as they hit the washer walls...YIKES!

    Your solution sounds much quieter ;->

    Have a great weekend

    Janet xox

    ReplyDelete