Thursday, September 15, 2011

Itty bitty hats, a pouch and a cute little bear





Been busy knitting some cute little hats. A customer had asked for a set of preemie twin baby boy hats so I knitted up some samples in different yarns. She purchased two of the ones she liked and the rest of them I will be putting in my shop in the next couple of days. These were really fun to knit. The interesting part of this is that the colors she asked for I would usually not pick out myself. I guess as an artist we have our set preferences of things we pick and work with. Just comes to show, it's always a good idea to work "outside" of your box ... you never know what great things will come out of doing so. I love the way these little hats turned out so I'll be making more of them but in bigger sizes as well.

The little purse/pouch I wet felted and then embroidered. It has a real skinny purple leather strap attached to it which can be untied and made shorter if it needs to be. That will be going into my PurplePlatypus shop in the next couple of days.

I will have to re-take some pictures of this little needle felted bear with a heart. I'm having a heck of a time getting the pictures of this little dude to turn out right. But as soon as the pictures are taken and turn out fine I'll be putting him in my PurplePlatypus shop as well.

I have 5 more needle felted hedgehogs I need to take pictures of as well as a Christmas bear. Just haven't had the chance to take photos of them all.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

1 comment: