Saturday, April 28, 2012

Yes! I'll be back at the Farmers Market starting tomorrow!

 Well this came kinda unexpected I must say.  I had planned on going back to having a stall at the Farmers Market at the Archwood Green Barns in The Plains this season.  But then we got the news from Belgium, mom has breast cancer and needs surgery.  So I stopped making plans to going back to the barn and made plans to be with my mom.  In the meantime, 2 surgeries behind us and two trips to Belgium I'm home again thinking I missed out on getting a stall for the upcoming season since the first market is tomorrow and I just got back from Belgium last weekend.  But then today I received a message that one of the vendors decided not to take part and a stall was up for grabs!  Now I thought about it for a couple of minutes ... not sure if I could pull this off.  I still had all my boxes with everything I need for the market ready to go sitting in the basement.  I did need to price all the items I made this past year but my kid could help me doing that.  Now 9 hours later I'm exhausted but I got everything ready to go!  Tomorrow I'll be back at the green barn selling my stuff.  I'm so excited!  I think my stall is the 3rd one on the right side as you come walking through the front entrance of the barn.   Originally I had started planning on how to set up the stall this time, a bit different from what I have done in the past but of course none of that has taken place at this point since this was a last minute decision made today.   Anyway do come and visit us!   If you can't make it tomorrow there are plenty of Sundays ahead. 


The market is located in Northern Virginia. Just 8 miles west of Haymarket, on Route 245 exit 31, right off I-66, it's close enough for a day trip!   Roam the stalls of an old horse barn looking for the right treasure.  Ask all the questions you like....the people selling the product are the ones who made it!  We are producer only, and proud of it! 

Weather doesn't have to play a factor we are an indoor market with some outdoor vendors as well.  The variety of wonderful items will keep you coming back!   Baked goods, goat cheese, fresh meats and frozen are all available for the perfect meal. Don't forget the fruits and vegetables, cheesecakes, flowers, bamboo, gourds, quilted specialties and other arts and crafts to browse through and enjoy!   Bring the family and spend some time together at the barn!.  


         See you there on Sunday!
Location
Rt. 245 and I-66, Exit 31
The Plains, VA 20198

When and Where  

(April-November)
Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Last Sunday in April through the 2nd Sunday in November. Open the first 2 Sundays in December for the Christmas on the Farm Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment