Thursday, June 7, 2012

Giant paper roses

I'm making a sign at work which measures 8 x 4 feet, in other words it's huge!  Did you know June is Rose month?  I didn't, until I had a request from the floral department to create a giant sign for it.  So off I went dreaming up something specials.  I was going to draw the roses but then I remembered seeing a tutorial about how to make paper roses.  I ended up taking the basic idea but changing it making up my own as I worked on getting them to look to my liking.  I ended up spray painting them and I must say I'm pretty happy with the result.  Plus I feel good about the fact I recycled a bunch of paper which are old sign request forms which ended up being perfect for making these.  Here is a picture of a couple of them.  I've made a bunch more and made some leaves as well.  These are actually so very easy to make.  I keep forgetting to take pictures when I'm making them so I can make up a tutorial for those of you who want to make some.  If you are interested in such a tutorial let me know and I can create one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment