Friday, June 15, 2012

Paper rose brooch

So since June is "Rose Month" I made another rose out of recycled paper and stuck it on top of my name tag at work.   I spray painted the paper with Krylon paint.  Drew a spiral and cut it out.  Then I used a Woodcraft painters pen and smudged the edges a bit.  I then used scissors to curl the edges twisted it into shape and used the hot glue gun to keep it together.  I then cut some leaves from more recycled paper and glued the rose on top of them.  A bit of double sided sticky tape and voila I changed my name to "Rose" today!    



Here are some  lovely tutorials for paper roses I found.  I definitely have to try out some more of these.  

This one I found on a blog with a great tutorial.  Isn't it gorgeous!  The link to it is listed below the photograph.

How to make a paper rose


This next one is a You Tube tutorial for a Spiral Paper Rose.  I just watched it and noticed they rolled the flower in the opposite direction I did and used the round center as the bottom of the rose which is a great idea.  I just glued mine on top of the leaves which worked just as well.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiB3soNy4e8

And one more called "Vintage Book Paper Flower Tutorial".  Click on the link below the photo to go to the tutorial.


I don't know about you but my head is spinning with ideas on things to make with these beauties!  

No comments:

Post a Comment