Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Flirty Blue Scarf


I wasn't too sure how this was going to turn out when I started knitting this scarf. The yarn is from Italy, 50% merino and 50% acrylic but has a unique texture and instead of being twisted it looks like a crocheted chain. I used very chunky needles to knit it and wasn't happy with the way it looked when I was done with it until I realized when I hung it over the mannequin it curled up on it's own so I had one of those ahhhaaaaaa moments ... I folded it in half and crocheted along the entire length turning it into a long tube scarf. For both ends I just doubled my stitches to get a gathering effect which turned out pretty cute I think. I put the bows through a row of eyelets and it can be easily removed and replaced by a different type ribbon or just left out since it will still keep it's ruffled look on the ends because that's the way I knitted it. Looks very cute and feminine. It's in my Etsy shop so go and have a peek if you want to see more pictures.

2 comments: