Friday, July 2, 2010

Itty bitty tomato hat and a one-of-a-kind felted handbag



Finally got the chance to take some pics before taking off for work this morning. Here is an itty bitty tomato hat for a newborn, just listed in my Bits of Fiber shop on Artfire.

And this handbag will be listed in my PurplePlatypus shop on Etsy later this evening. It's a one of a kind item. I felted pieces of blue seashells on the front of the bag trapped between the fleece and silk handkerchiefs in variegated blues. I then embroidered the top front section of the bag with different types of thread. I added some glass beads in turquoise and champagne to give the effect of water. The flowers I made out of fabric, each petal cut and singes over an open flame and finished with a pearl button in the middle and sewn onto the bag. Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment